Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Gluten Free Berry Ginger Delight

Last week I volunteered to bring dessert for a meeting.  I found myself wracking my brain for a dessert that would meet everyone's dietary restrictions.  It had to be lactose free, gluten free, and relatively sugar free, but NOT taste free!

Since I only had an hour prep time it also needed to be quick and easy to make.

Gluten Free Berry Ginger Delight is the experiment birthed by my brain's imagination.  Since very little remained in the pan at the end of the meeting I can only assume that everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did!

Here's what you need.

1 pkg gluten free ginger cookies

 750 mL lactose free whipping cream

2 tsp. vanilla

An assortment of fresh berries - I used sliced strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and raspberries, but pick and choose what you like

Dark chocolate squares

Crumble the cookies into the bottom of a 9" x 12" pan.  Melt chocolate and drizzle liberally over the cookies.  Sprinkle blueberries and raspberries over top. 

Whip the cream until fluffy and flavour with vanilla, spoon onto base.  Sprinkle the remainder of the berries over top, and drizzle liberally with melted chocolate.  Chill and eat.

HINT:  To drizzle chocolate - pour melted chocolate into a small zip lock bag.  Tilt bag so chocolate runs into one corner.  With sharp scissors cut a small portion of the corner off (make sure you don't cut off too much otherwise you won't be able to control the flow of the chocolate).  You now have an "icing bag" for chocolate. 

No comments: